Online Dating Statistics
10 Facts About Online Dating That You Don’t Know
- There are 40 million of people in the U.A. who have tried online dating and 17% percent of those who met online ended up marrying their soul mate and 20 % are in committed relationships.
- There are 54 million of single people in the U.S. and 52% admitted they were too busy to meeting other singles.
- The ratio of male online dating users to female online dating users is 52.4% : 47.6%.
- Most attractive type of a women on dating sites – a ‘modern career girl’ closely followed by a ‘girl
- next door’.
- Most popular type of a man – a ‘good boy’ closely followed by a blend of a ‘good and a bad boy’.
- Men on dating sites lie most about their age, height and income.
- Women on dating sites lie most about their age, weight and physical build.
- People who met on dating site admitted that personality is more important to them than looks on a first date.
- Most people would like to be complimented about their generosity, intelligence and a sense of humor; the least they would like to hear flattery about their style, weight loss and hairstyle.
Source: Reuters, Herald News, PC World, Washington Post . Date: 6.20.2012
5 Reasons Why You Should Try Online Dating
There are 54 million of single people in the U.S. and 52% admitted they were too busy to meeting other singles – online dating requires much less time so it can be easier accommodated into your busy lifestyle.
- Internet dating sites boost potential of meeting a romantic partner in that they offer a possibility of getting to know someone who can be close to your heart while living too far away to run into.
- It takes time to know someone and personality profiles on online dating sites saves you time – if a photo catches your eye you can quickly decide whether you want to interact with a person or not after you read their profile. Furthermore, certain online dating sites employ the unique matching system that does a search of matches for you based on your personality characteristics and interests. Moreover, some of those online dating sites include such a factor as interpersonal chemistry.
- Online dating sites make communication for shy people easier – people on line are easier to approach and some online dating sites offer ‘ice breakers’ to overcome initial awkwardness.
- These days nearly everyone can think of a couple they know that entered a committed relationship or even marriage with someone they met online, and that proves that there are people out there looking for a genuine long term relationship and dating sites simply help them to succeed.